Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The power of Etsy

I was living in New York at that time. Everybody thought it was very cool buy something different and unique and actually, I agreed too, It was Etsy.com they were talking about. The website that "enables people to make a living making things, and to reconnect makers with buyers". Everybody can have access to a huge marketplace and showcase their art or objects or clothes or accessories. I think It's simple and I think It's great. Then last week I read an article on the main Italian newspaper about the power of Etsy, 5 million merchants and a PIL bigger than a nation. "Handmade nation" is also a movie about the rise of Diy, arts and crafts. So, For those who still do not know what Etsy is...check it out. Both if you are an artist or a buyer!

No comments: